Sunday, November 22, 2009

sunny sunday.

Sunday in Athens.. It's the end of November, but the weather is still beautiful..great for walking, even swimming for those who dare... We'll take the dog and go for a walk in Parnitha, a mountain close to Athens.. enjoy some sun and breath in some fresh air.. I've made a few sandwiches with tahini, left over grilled lamb and cherry tomatoes..With a bottle of red wine and some grapes this will be a perfect snack for a pick-nick after a long walk. When the sun goes down it will get chilly and since it's sunday and we have to take advantage of an afternoon without stress, we'll then head home for a real hot chocolate ( made with Dutch cocoa) with melted marsmellows on top...Hmmm...I'm already looking forward to that!
With so much upheaval about the swine flu I think we might need more vitamins to protect ourselves, and since my orange trees are full with ripe oranges I'll make a big jar of juice..I just can't wait to sit by the fire with my book : " The shadow of the wind", written by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Cheeks all red from walks and wine...sipping my cocoa and slipping away into a well deserved long sleep, just in time before the clock ticks....Hello it's monday, wake up and boogie!
With love,
esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment