Monday, November 30, 2009

rough start of the day...

My day began with lots of noice..the workers next door are proceeding with the second floor of a future huge building and I also had a few workers in my house, trying to fix a wall that had a crack in it. I tried to figure out what to cook today and tomorrow, but my doorbell didn't stay quiet for a minute. First one worker came and told me he saw a dead cat in my garden! Then a second one came to take the cat and bury it somewhere..Then my workers showed up to fix the wall, next fed-ex came with some books I had ordered and when I finally set down to write my shopping list I had 35 mails to answer to...That's how life is in Greece, fast and unpredictable. I cooked beans with pasta, a nice winter dish, followed by some fried fish (once in a while it's a good thing to fry!) and for tonight I'll make some chocolate chip cookies to have with a glass of milk.
Nice and easy, and by the way, it's finally quiet in the house. The workers went home and now I can sit with my new books, joepie!

with love,
esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment