Friday, November 30, 2012

Avocado salad for one !



Cooking for yourself doesn't have to be boring, nor time consuming, nor a drag. It should be fun to enjoy taking care of yourself every now and then.
This salad is healthy, a quick fix for your lunch break and it will fill you up till dinner time is knocking on your door ...
It also doesn't require cooking skills, nor do you need a stove, therefor I can definitely recommend it !

I always make this when I know I'll go out for dinner and I want to have a light, healthy meal during the day to keep my energy level up and besides all the good things avocado does for us, it's also very tasty !!!

My Sicilian friend Pio taught me this recipe a long time ago and every time I make it I think of him and the magical moments we used to share in our kitchen.

I wish you a wonderful lunch break !

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 tblsp. virgin olive oil
zest and juice from half a lemon or lime
pinch of sea salt
black pepper
handful of walnuts
1 tblsp. parmesan flakes

Peel the avocado and chop it into chunks. Sprinkle the lemon juice on top ( this way the avocado won't turn brown) and add the zest.
Add all the other ingredients, except the parmesan flakes.
Mix the avocado with the ingredients and add the parmesan just before you're ready to eat.
Believe it or not, but that's it !!
Easy, quick, delicious ....

Serve at once and allow yourself to have a glass or full red wine with this.

1 comment: